Debut CD by Grey and Paddy, intricate and spirited arrangements of instrumental Irish music, plus some Larsen originals. Irish flute, tin whistle, concertina, guitar, bodhrán, harmonium, field organ. Three bonus tracks of Michael J. Kennedy (1900-1978) playing melodeon and talking about music and his life. Copious liner notes.
This CD is also available at a reduced cost as part of a CD bundle.
View the liner notes.
- Lady on the Island / The Humours of Lisadel / The Monaghan Twig
- The Thrush in the Straw / The Banks of Lough Gowna
- The Cuckoo's Nest / Fitzgerald's Hornpipe / The Indian on the Rock
- The Wind that Shakes the Barley / Dusk Among the Willows
- Lord Mayo / An Cúisín Bán (The White Cushion)
- Comb Your Hair and Curl It / The Whinney Hills of Leitrim / A Fig for a Kiss
- O'Carolan's Draught
- Very Kind and Gracious
- The Walls of Liscarroll / Maguire's Kick / The Lark on the Strand
- Old Tipperary / Garret Barry's / Tom Greyhan's Jig
- Sweet Iniscara / The Morning Star / Scotch Mary / Music in the Glen
- Cabbage Night
- Michael J. Kennedy talks about The Cuckoo's Nest
- Michael J. Kennedy plays The Cuckoo's Nest
- Michael J. Kennedy talks about music, memory, and playing for dances in North-East County Galway