Chords are included with the notation and recording of each tune. On the recordings the chords are played on guitar, but they can be played on other instruments as well. Recordings of each tune are provided in several configurations: whistle alone, Irish flute alone, guitar alone, whistle with guitar, and Irish flute with guitar.
Here you may listen to six examples of the audio included with Easy Christmas Favorites for Tin Whistle or Irish Flute:
- Bring a Torch, Jeanette, Isabella – tin whistle
- The First Noel – Irish flute
- We Three Kings – tin whistle duet
- Ding Dong Merrily on High – Irish flute duet
- God Rest Ye Merry, Gentlemen – tin whistle
- Silent Night – Irish flute
What Makes These Tunes Easy?
- They are played in the lower two octaves of the whistle and flute’s range, ascending no higher than B in the second octave. (Notes above this can be challenging to play on the whistle, and they sound too loud and shrill to many people.)
- They are in easy whistle and flute keys or modes: D major, G major, E minor, B minor and A Dorian.
- They use only the eight primary notes of the D whistle and Irish flute: D, E, F#, G, A, B, C and C#,
There is a supplement to this book, called Carols in Other Keys.
In Easy Christmas Favorites for Tin Whistle or Irish Flute, each of the 30 carols are presented in just one key. However, it is possible to play 24 of them in an alternate key — in fact one of them can be played in two alternate keys — while still satisfying the criteria that makes them easy to play on tin whistle and Irish flute. This supplement provides these additional Christmas carol arrangements, in standard music notation, tablature, and with audio recordings.
Purchase this title as an eBook. Your purchase of the eBook will be processed by Mel Bay Publications, not by this online store. To continue shopping at this store, use your “back” button, or go to www.greylarsen.com/shop.
You may also enjoy some free downloads related to this book.