This collection of folk, popular and classical songs and tunes, arranged for tin whistle in D or standard Irish flute (including three duets), is a supplement to Grey Larsen’s book, Easy Favorites for Tin Whistle or Irish Flute.
The music in that book is presented in standard music notation as well as tablature notation. This eBook provides that same music notated in Suit Code, a graphic fingering shorthand, as well as in standard music notation.
Suit Code is a graphic shorthand which uses the four suit symbols in the deck of playing cards, plus an open circle, to represent the five fingering patterns used for the primary notes of the tin whistle (also known as a pennywhistle) and keyless Irish flute. This notation system is particularly useful for those who are not fluent in reading music notation.
On the recordings that come with this eBook, Cindy Kallet plays guitar accompaniment while Grey Larsen plays piano as well as and a Session Whistle in D from Carbony Celtic Winds or an Irish flute. The chords you hear on the recordings are provided in the eBook.
The audio recordings that come with this eBook are identical to those that come with Easy Favorites for Tin Whistle or Irish Flute. If you already have that book, you might decide to not download the audio that comes with this eBook.
Here you may listen to six examples of the audio included with this eBook:
- Down By the Riverside – tin whistle with accompaniment
- All Through the Night – Irish flute with accompaniment
- La Cucaracha – tin whistle with accompaniment
- Aloha Oe – Irish flute with accompaniment
- De Colores – Irish flute duet with accompaniment
- This Little Light of Mine – tin whistle duet with accompaniment
The eBook component is a 54-page PDF file.
You might also enjoy some free downloads related to Easy Favorites for Tin Whistle or Irish Flute.
These song and tune arrangements are easy to play on tin whistle or Irish flute because:
- They are played in the lower two octaves of the whistle and flute’s range, ascending no higher than B in the second octave. (Notes above this can be challenging to play on the whistle, and they sound too loud and shrill to many people.)
- They are in easy whistle and flute keys: D major, G major, E minor or B minor.
- They use only the eight primary notes of the D whistle and Irish flute: D, E, F-sharp, G, A, B, C and C-sharp. No half-holing required.
1. This Little Light of Mine
3. When Johnny Comes Marching Home
4. Swing Low, Sweet Chariot
5. Waltzing Matilda
6. Cielito Lindo
7. The Banana Boat Song (Day-O)
8. All Through the Night
10. Minuet in G from The Notebook for Anna Magdalena Bach
11. De Colores
13. Aloha ‘Oe
14. The Parting Glass
15. Down in the River to Pray
16. Keep Your Eyes on the Prize
17. Nkosi Sikelel’ iAfrika (God Bless Africa)
18. La Bamba
19. Santa Lucia
20. Shalom Chaverim
21. Down by the Riverside (Study War No More)
22. Ṭalʿat Yā Maḥalā Nūrhā (It Rose Up, What a Beautiful Light)
23. The Foggy Dew
24. Wayfaring Stranger
25. Gayowajineh (Seneca Canoe Song)
26. Wiegenlied (Brahms’ Lullaby)
27. The Dreidel Song
28. Sakura (Cherry Blossoms)
29. When the Saints Go Marching In
30. La Cucaracha
31. Happy Birthday
32. Wedding March from A Midsummer Night’s Dream
33. O Hanukkah
34. Auld Lang Syne
Duets for Tin Whistles or Irish Flutes
This Little Light of Mine
When Johnny Comes Marching Home