Here are some materials related to the book First Lessons Tin Whistle, including two supplementary eBooks (with downloadable audio). Details on these eBooks are shown below.
In the book First Lessons Tin Whistle, some of the 23 tunes are notated in one style, some in another. There is good pedagogical reason for this. However, here you can have all the music notated in one consistent method: standard music notation, tablature or suit code. Audio files are included.
The tablature and suit code versions are available in six note-naming systems from around the world: US (Latin Alphabet), Sargam, Jianpu (modified), German “H” Nomenclature, Fixed Do Solfège (Tonic Sol-Fa) and Movable Do Solfège.
Recordings of chordal arrangements by Cindy Kallet and Grey Larsen, as well as sheet music with chord symbols. (Chords could not be included in the book First Lessons Tin Whistle.)
The recordings include guitar tracks without whistle, so you can to play along with the guitar accompaniment. There are also recordings of guitar with tin whistle.
Featuring standard music notation as well as tablature. Audio files are also included.
Available in six note-naming systems from around the world: US (Latin Alphabet), Sargam, Jianpu (modified), German “H” Nomenclature, Fixed Do Solfège (also known as Tonic Sol-Fa) and Movable Do Solfège.
38 exercises for finger coordination and synchronization, composed and performed by Grey Larsen, as well as introductory and explanatory text covering finger movement, notation and other matters. The ability to move various combinations of fingers in precise coordination and synchronization is essential for good tin whistle and Irish flute playing. These exercises are designed to aid in the development of these skills, which call for moving not only combinations of fingers of one hand or the other, but often fingers of both hands, and sometimes in opposite directions.
- Some Thoughts on Practicing
- A Brief Explanation of Modal Scales
- Suit Code: A Graphic Shorthand for Tin Whistle and Irish Flute Fingerings
- A Staff-Based Tablature System for Tin Whistle and Irish Flute
- Blank Tablature Templates for Tin Whistle and Irish Flute
- Charts of Whistle Keys and Scales This gives information on how to use whistles which are in keys other than D.
- Fingering Chart for Tin Whistle with Half-Hole Fingerings This chart also works for the keyless Irish flute in D.